Monday, June 14, 2010

RTF, Home Visit and all that's in between...

Hello dear readers and apologies for being the crappiest blogger ever!

Last time I left you at the RTF (=Regional Training Forum) that was hosted here in Sweden. For those who don't know, the RTF is an international event where different training workshops take place at the same time. Besides being educational and all that it's also lots of fun (and little sleep...).
This was my first RTF not being a trainer. Instead this time I was participating in the TTT (=train the trainer) to get my official certification as a trainer. It was very refreshing to be a participant/trainee and we had an excellent workshop, much of it thanks to our really wonderful and inspiring trainers Mitzi and Siri who really exceeded my expectation. Also, of course, due to a really great group of trainees.


TTT'ers in action

I do however, have to be honest and say that it was very strange not to be a part of the seminar camp training and I was slightly jealous (of dear Eetu and Meli) of what seemed to be a BIG and fun group of seminar camp staff trainees. :)

And another highlight for me at the RTF was that we decided to put a session on conflict management into the schedule for EVERYONE. This time Ea wasn't there so it was just me, in front of 60 people... i was a bit nervous, but it turned out really great, or at least I think so, which made me very happy! :)

In between sessions we had a great time filled with laughs courtesy of the homestaff who planned funny night activities and to the owner of the campsite, Mundekulla, Peter who got us all "hippied-out" with his guitar and songs and dreads. All participants of that RTF will forever have that Mundekulla song stuck in our heads.


The wonderful TTT group!

After the RTF was over it was back to Copenhagen with lots of memories and new friends and very little hours of sleep.
Next day I was supposed to make my way back to Stockholm but it seemed like EVERYTHING was going wrong! The train to the airport was not arriving because another train was stuck on the tracks, and all the announcements were in Danish so I didn't know what was going on... only that it better come soon or no flight for me.
Finally a back up train came to a different track but by that time so many people had already been waiting on the platform that it was SO CROWDED it was horrible (and reminded me of darker days...). That 15-20 minute ride (which included having to wait on the tracks in the middle of this STUFFED cabin) was absolutely awful. Finally we made it to the airport, but it was almost impossible that I will make my flight. Of course to make things worse, the handle on my carry on bag completely broke, the next flight was only the next day and I had to pay extra... BUT, on the positive side I had another night in Copenhagen which was well spent with dear CISV friends.

After one week is Stockholm it was off to the airport again. This time to Israel (woohoo!) to a friend's wedding. It was pretty cool because she did not know I was coming and I surprised her at the hair dresser the day of the wedding. She was quite shocked but it was really touching. And the wedding was super fun. My time in Israel was short and sweet. Especially going to the beach and getting some SUN! But also, of course, seeing friends and family.


The bride and groom at the end of the night

It was quite funny because one of the things that really stood out to me was the speed in which people in Israel reply to SMS's. I have gotten so used to the Swedish way (that it takes people a reaaaalllly long time to answer texts) and in Israel people literally answer within seconds! It was so effecient! haha. Funny the little things you notice.

So it was a great short home visit, but after seeing the first cockroach (on the street) and realize that the humidity does nothing good for my hair - I was ready to head back "home" to Stockholm. Surprisingly enough it actually felt like coming home, in a way.

In between all of these we managed to pull off another successful impact, finalize the ETG budget (no losses woohoo!) AND I've been finally doing some writing of the conflict management handbook which will hopefully be finished this summer and ready to be shared with the world!

And now it's all about world cup baby, good luck to all countries playing. I still haven't decided who I'm rooting for (but better for countries that I don't root for them, last World Cup every team I cheered for seemed to get kicked out of the competition).

And with this I will say goodbye for now and see you... soon? Knowing myself probably not. :)

/Einav.

No comments:

Post a Comment