Saturday, April 10, 2010

RTF UK


Hello fellow Swedes and other followers!

Once again I apologize for sucking at updating my blog. I guess it's a good sign though that I'm keeping busy and having a great time.

I got back from UK 2 and a half days ago after a very very intense but GREAT week. The RTF was lots of fun. We had a small training (only 9 seminar camp staff trainees) but they were great so the size didn't matter. :)
We had lots of laughs and some great discussions and sessions and all in all I think I can safely say it was a successful workshop (oops... that's no longer the official CISV term so I should say successful TRAINING).

Another highlight of my trip to moist, grey England is the chance to see some great people that I have missed. First and foremost, my dear Peter, better known in CISV as Pe'ah, who kindly hosted me at his sheffield home pre and post RTF and even took my to see some LAMBS (my official new obsession... they are so damn cute! see pictures). Second, baby Jon, who I have not seen in 6 year (!). Just sitting around Pe'ah and Jon is pure joy. They are just so funny.
Then of course I got to see my dear Ea again and also Chris, both of which I staffed with in 2008. And besides that loads of other people that I've met throughout the years and some great new people as well.
A big shout out to the british homestaff who did a GREAT job entertaining us in the evenings and put such a huge effort in all the small, humorous details. You certainly raised the bar for the Swedish RTF (coming soon, btw!).

It was actually quite funny, because being away in the RTF bubble I almost forgot that I was living in Sweden, and I kept forgetting that I'm not going back to Israel after it's over. But luckily I got a little piece of home a day after I got back in the form of one of my best friends coming to visit. Her name is.... Einav! Yep, we Israelis are original with names (just kidding, it's actually not THAT common, which I suppose makes it even cooler that we're both Einav). So now we are 2 whole Einavs in Stockholm.
But more about Einav's visit in the next blog.

Oh, we also presented the Conflict Management Handbook project at the RTF and started getting people excited about it's upcoming release this summer. woohoo!

So here are some pics from the trip to UK:
1. Tim and Teemu in one of the session.
2. The "sexy" trainers.
3. Walls and Barns SC 2008 Staff Reunion.
4. Bonding with the lambs.








3 comments:

  1. did you kiss a sheep? more importantly....did you like it?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I just re-read my post and I noticed that my favorite adjective is the word "great". I should really start using a broader variety. That would be it even greater. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or rather we should start a bet which post will the word "great" appear in the most times. Winner will be eligible for a "great" prize.

    ReplyDelete