Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Walls & Barns Seminar Camp Reunion and RTF UK

Hello and happy easter!

I'm sitting here at the Frankfurt airport, on my way to the RTF (=Regional Training Forum) in England... paying 8 euros for internet.

But this gives me time to blog and reflect on the wonderful week I've had.
Once again, it involves guests... I swear I'm not normally this popular! This has been crazy here in Sweden!
But we had a mini reunion for Walls and Barns Seminar 2008 (where i met Ellen Rue for the first time... aaaawwwww). So Daniel, who is the Israeli NJR (now at EJBM in Holand) was also at that camp so he came to visit Ellen and me and then Ea, who was another staff from Denmark also came so we had a wonderful weekend together, just bringing up memories, having lots of laughs and great conversations.
One funny moment was Saturday night, we were hanging out at Ellen's and finally we brought ourselves to go out... around 1 am. We got to this bar at 1:30 and said "perfect, 1.5 hours is just enough time to be out and dance a bit"... and then 25 minutes later the bar was closing and we were confused because it closes at 3.... until we realized that the clocks changed so at 2 it became 3 and the bar closed... so we joked about be out partying for a WHOLE 25 minutes. Yes, we live on the edge.

*** I had to stop writing because my internet time ran out so it's the next day now ***

So now I'm in Sheffield, at my good friend from CISV GB, Peter Russel (aka, Pe'ah), he's off being a teacher so I have time chill and to continue writing.
Soon I will head to the center and later tonight I guess I'll be meeting up all the other trainers that are around town and also some people from GB that I haven't seen in a while! (and also some people that I have seen very recently like dear Ea who will also be at the RTF).
And tomorrow the work starts, I am training the Seminar Camp Staff workshop along with Eetu (Finland), and we get to test out the all new "trainer material kit" we've put together in Finland so exciting times.
I will also have a chance to present the project there, and tell people a bit about it which is great (but also makes me a bit nervous!) but I'm sure it'll be fine.

So now I will head out, it is ..... SUNNY.... (well, in British way) so it's almost a crime to stay indoors...

Till next time!
E.

No comments:

Post a Comment