Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Reunion Weekend


I know, I know. I have been neglecting my blogging responsibilities. But here I am again ready to share my life with you. :)

So where did we leave off? The week after my cousin left was pretty much recovering from having someone here from home, which included a bit of loneliness and a slight case of home-sickness but really for a short time and it's only natural, right?

Then this past weekend it was visitor time again, but this time not from home but from CISV. I was happy to have Eetu (Finland), Vinh (DK), Do (Holand) and Ze (Portugal) here visiting me.

The connections are quite complicated I guess but I'll try to explain:
Eetu, Vinh and I were all at EJBM 2003 but never actually really talked that much. We then reunited last spring when we trained the Seminar Camp Staff workshop in Hamburg (it is because of this workshop that I am actually here in Sweden...) and immediately become great friends. Do was one of the trainees we had in our workshop.
Then in the summer I staffed a 2 week 16-18 IYM in Israel with Vinh and Ze, and right after out camp, there was a seminar camp in israel which Do was staffing...
So that's the connection between us, in a nutshell.

So naturally we had a very fun time here in stockholm, being silly and having people constantly guessing where we were all from (somehow everyone immediately guessed that Eetu was from Finland). Luckily we had nice sunny days. And let me use this "platform" to say a big TACK to Ellen for letting some of the guys stay at her place.

As for work, the office has been quieter since Louise left, and I lost my "lunch partner" :( (miss you, Louise!) but other than that all is good. I now have inherited Louise's impact responsibilities (along with Eva).

By the way - we are still looking for TRAINERS for impacts, you don't have to have previous experience just the will to do it and a free weekend :) if you are interested or have more questions please let me know at impact@se.cisv.org.

Same goes for kitchen staff people - we still need kitchen staff for dates April 16-18 or May 28-30 (in Högaberg) so just send me an email if you're interested.

I will finish by saying that I'm super excited about this being the 5th day in a row there has been SUN! I can actually start seeing the sidewalks for the first time which is thrilling. :) I'm so ready for spring! bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment