Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Post Annual Meeting


Hello! So last weekend was CISV Sweden's Annual Meeting. I'm still SO impressed with how the meeting was run. So organized!! You must understand that for a person coming from Israel that was really really really crazy. I can't believe that there were 50 people sitting and discussing things for 1.5 days and not once did 2 people speak over eachother or at the same time... nor did anyone raise their voice. Incredible. :)

I also loved the whole meeting technique thing, and I think Gabriel (the external chairman of the meeting) did a really great job.

I wanna take this blog opportunity to say goodluck and thank you to Jenny Andersson (departing president). Unfortunately, we didn't get the chance to work together much but I've heard nothing but great things about you and I wish you LOTS of luck. What are you going to do with all this free time now?? :)
Also, a congrats and good luck to the incoming president - Åsa, i look forward to working with you!
AND finally a big warm "shout out" to Ellen, who also was running for President. Ellen, you already know what I think about you, and I'm so proud of you for running. I KNOW you'll make an amazing president someday (and you BETTER run again, or else there will be violence... hehe).

Finally, some good news for me... the plenary decided to approve funding for my personal project (Conflict Management & Effective Communication Handbook) which is very exciting! Now it's finally on! Further updates on the progress of the project will be posted on the blog. I promise.

So what now...? Well, it's been 2.5 whole weeks without guests but that's gonna end this weekend at the Walls and Barns Seminar Camp 2008 (UK) mini reunion. So we (me and Ellen, who was also at this camp) are expecting Ea from Denmark (who staffed with me, and also staffing the SC in Indonesia this summer if anyone is going there, she's sweeeet) and also Daniel from Israel, who is now the Israeli NJR so all of you going to EJBM will meet him there. Great guy! So fun times expected this weekend.

Let me conclude by wishing my wonderful colleague Eva a very very very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Till the next post! kram.

2 comments:

  1. You don't even mention the translating? I worked hard for like 15 minutes to include you in the debate :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, what a nice review of the annual meeting. This week I've used all my freetime to read books and think about my comming projects.

    ReplyDelete